Now that summer is officially over and school is back in session, it’s time to start collecting those really quick and easy weeknight meals. Baby Bear isn’t school aged yet, but this is still one of my favorite times of year.
I LOVE the fall! Don’t worry, you aren’t going to be flooded with pumpkin-everything recipes each week. That’t not what I love about fall.
I love the leaves changing. I love wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts. I love that it’s the perfect weather for outside activities. And I love snuggling up under a blanket with my windows open to let in that fresh, cool breeze.
If you are hanging on to the last few days of summer, I have a recipe for you! This Buffalo Chicken Salad from Jen at Carlsbad Cravings fits the bill for fresh summer flavors AND quick and easy school night prep. To make it even more quickly, you can use some left over shredded chicken tossed with the marinade sauce instead of grilled chicken.
Get creative with the salad base! The recipe just includes some suggestions.
If you have extra chicken, try using it for lunch on sandwiches, wraps, tacos…..you get the idea!
Hope you have a GREAT back to school week and please share what you LOVE about fall.
Please leave a comment / picture / rating when you taste it and let me know what you think.
Want some more delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly? Make sure you sign up for the Meal of the Week!
Are you already signed up? Share with a friend!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2-3 chicken breasts pounded thin approx. 1 pound
- 1 + 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¼ cup Frank's hot WINGS Sauce for more heat OR Frank's ORIGINAL Hot Sauce for less heat
- 2 + 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 + 1½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped (about 8 cups)
- fresh corn kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 1 large avocado chopped or sliced
- Dressing of your choice
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and spices. Pour 1/4 cup into a zip lock bag or shallow dish. Mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil and add chicken to marinade. Toss to combine.
- Keep the remaining marinade liquid. Add 1 tablespoon honey and 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Let chicken sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Grease and preheat the grill to medium hea.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 160 degrees F.)
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Brush chicken with desired amount of glaze - for more heat, more glaze; for less heat, less glaze.