Maybe this shows my age, or phase of life, but I really enjoy a good casserole! I like when I can serve up an entire meal from one pan. I also really like things I can cook in the oven, especially as the weather gets cooler. It gives me time where I don’t feel like I’m hovering over a stove. The bonus about casseroles is that they are super simple to double….two dinners with only one day of prep equals a big high five from this mama!!
This casserole is a lighter take on the traditional chicken cordon bleu but with all of the original flavor. Paired with a fresh salad or some steamed greens, this makes a wonderful, warm and cozy fall dinner!
Need a short cut to some delicious shredded chicken? Try cooking it in your instant pot…even from frozen!
Please leave a comment / picture / rating when you taste it and let me know what you think.
Want some more delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly? Make sure you sign up for the Meal of the Week!
Are you already signed up? Share with a friend!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken from about 2 lb chicken
- 6 oz ham cut into bite size pieces
- 6 oz butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine optional
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 oz swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350. Layer the chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Then layer the ham on top of the chicken.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine the melted butter, softened cream cheese, white wine (if using), mustard, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until a thick sauce forms. Spread this sauce over the chicken and ham in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the swiss cheese on top of the sauce. Bake for 30-40 minutes until hot.
- I broiled it for 2 minutes at the end so the cheese would get more golden and bubbly. Make sure you keep a close eye on it, because its really easy to burn the cheese!