I am not a vegetarian. It just isn’t something that really crossed my mind. I have a cousins who are vegetarians, vegan even! We have done Thanksgiving dinners with vegan only side dishes. It takes some careful planning, but don’t be fooled, lots of vegetarian and vegan dishes are full of amazing flavor!
This fall salad, by Jessica at HowSweetEats.com, will make you wonder how many other delicious meat-less meals there are out there! It is so tasty and so filling! If you aren’t quite ready to give up on meat yet, that’s totally ok. Serve this with some grilled chicken or a small steak. I promise, the salad will take center stage for your fall meal!
If you are looking for another meat-less meal that even your meat loving family will enjoy, try these buffalo stuffed sweet potatoes with cauliflower.
Please leave a comment / picture / rating when you taste it and let me know what you think.
Want some more delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly? Make sure you sign up for the Meal of the Week!
Are you already signed up? Share with a friend!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 acorn squash sliced in 1/2-inch thick rounds and seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 pomegranate seeds
- 1 seedless cucumber sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil.
- Cover the squash slices with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet and cook until golden, about 5 minutes per side. If desired, you can add the brown sugar to help the squash caramelize.
- (optional) Toast the pecans in a small saucepan over low heat for about 5 min. Stir and shake the pan as they toast.
- Toss pecans with the pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the avocado, pomegranate, cucumber, pecans and squash pieces.