Don’t these just look DELICIOUS?! Beth at Budget Bytes knows how to take some beautiful photos and has simple, low cost, tasty recipes to try!
I like to serve these with some cilantro, greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), and some avocado slices for my family. And they devour them!! Its a great recipe to have on hand to serve a crowd too because it makes quite a bit and everyone can serve up the fajitas the way they like them.
Please leave a comment / picture / rating when you taste it and let me know what you think.
Want some more delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly? Make sure you sign up for the Meal of the Week! Are you already signed up? Then share with a friend!
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 bell peppers any color
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium lime
- 8 6" tortillas
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt optional
- 1/4 bunch cilantro optional
- 1 avocado optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the spices for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside (chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt).
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into 1/4-inch wide strips. Place them in a large 13x15-inch casserole dish or a large baking sheet. Slice the chicken breast into very thin strips and add it to the casserole dish with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the vegetable oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over top of the meat and vegetables after they come out of the oven.
- While the fajita mix bakes, toast each tortilla in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, until lightly browned on each side.
- Scoop a small amount of meat and vegetables into the center of each tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of cilantro, a dollop of greek yogurt, slices of avocado, and an extra squeeze of lime if desired.