Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast fresh or frozen
- Place broth, seasoning salt, Italian seasoning and pepper into the Instant Pot inner pot. Stir.
- Add the chicken breasts (no trivet necessary!) and put the lid on.
- Turn valve to sealing, and select Manual (or Pressure Cook), high pressure for 10 minutes (for fresh) or 25 min (for frozen)
- Natural release once the cook time is over.
- Shred the chicken breasts in the pot, and serve as desired. If the chicken is tough to shred, you may need to cook a little longer. You should be able to shred the chicken easily with two forks.
- To freeze, let cool to room temperature. Place in freezer bags and add some of the liquid/broth to the freezer bag.