Happy National S’mores Day Eve! Did you even know that was a thing? I sure didn’t! The summer is all about celebrating and s’mores, so why not make a holiday for it?
I love surprises! I love surprising people and I love being surprised. It’s just so fun! To me, it shows how much thought someone is putting into something and that they are thinking of you. Over the weekend, I was able to surprise a dear, sweet friend for her baby shower. She lives in Kansas City and I live in Rhode Island. Her hubby and my hubby actually coordinated the whole thing and it went perfectly.
Although not the same as a friend showing up from half way across the country, this recipe is great to bring over to neighbors, “just because,” or to bring into work during a rough week. One of the best things about it is that you don’t even have to turn your oven on and it only takes a few minutes. If you are bringing this over to surprise someone, double the batch and keep some for yourself 😉
Thanks Jessica from Together as Family for this super simple, SUPER tasty treat!
Please leave a comment / picture / rating when you taste it and let me know what you think.
Want some more delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly? Make sure you sign up for the Meal of the Week!
Are you already signed up? Share with a friend!
S'mores Rice Crispy Treats
- 6 ½ cups golden grahams cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) mini marshmallows
- 3 Hershey chocolate bars, broken into squares (or 1 small bag of chocolate chips / chocolate chunks)
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter over medium heat, once melted, add marshmallows, stirring to combine.
- Add cereal to butter and marshmallows. Stir to coat.
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking dish. Spread and flatten the mixture in the pan. Top with half of the chocolate.
- Repeat with the rest of the cereal mix and top with the remaining chocolate.
- Let sit at room temperature for a couple of hours or dig in right away! Keep in the fridge (if there is any left over)