This week is a little different than normal weeks.
Meal of the Week recipes are usually, well, meals! But lots of mamas have been asking for healthy snack ideas for their little ones and for themselves!
If you feel like you are always searching for healthy snacks or that you are always giving your kids the same snacks over and over, this is your list! After reaching out to THOUSANDS of mamas and researching ideas from dieticians who focus specifically on picky eaters, I put together this list of over 30 ideas for quick and healthy snacks. Check out my Pinterest board for pictures of some of my favorite snack ideas.
Snacks involving fruits and veggies
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, apples, bananas, grapes, mango, watermelon, blueberries, rasperries, blackberries, tangerines, cherries…)
- Fresh veggies (cucumbers, carrots, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, green peas, peppers…) – add some hummus or ranch dressing to dip
- Fruits or veggies with peanut butter or yogurt
- Apple sauce
- Avocado toast – alone or topped with a sliced or mashed hard boiled egg
Snacks to keep you full longer
- Crackers with cheese, nut butter, or hummus
- Fruits or veggies with nut butter
- Flavored nut butters – Nuts N’ More is my favorite! They have some really yummy flavors (made for fitness enthusiasts, but delicious for toddlers and hungry mamas!).
- Veggies with cheese or hummus
- Greek yogurt (alone or with add-ins like fruit, nuts, granola, mini chocolate chips, etc)
- Cheese sticks / string cheese
- Rice cakes with peanut butter or cottage cheese
- Sliced meats (pepperoni, salami, etc) alone or with cheese
- Sandwich roll-ups
- Protein bars – I loooooove Perfect Bars. They come in lots of tasty flavors and I understand every incredient listed!
- Hard boiled eggs
- Whole nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashew, macadamia…)
Snacks that can be paired with something else
- Rice cakes
- Goldfish, crackers, triscuits, pretzels